- Saturday, May 3, 2008 –The Bureau of Land Management will be hosting a litter clean-up at the Sunrise Management Area near Henderson.
- Friday, May 16, 2008 –The Interagency Volunteer Program would like to invite all active volunteers to our first annual public lands bus tour! Come take a bus tour of Lake Mead National Recreation Area and Red Rock Canyon Conservation Area. While on this tour participants will take a cruise on the Desert Princess in Lake Mead, visit historical sites in Red Rock Canyon, and learn about low-water issues and endangered species. Register for this event online.
- Saturday, May 31, 2008 – The Friends of Nevada Wilderness and the U.S Forest Service are hosting restoration event at the Griffith Peak Trail Head in the Spring Mountains. To register please contact Friends of Nevada Wilderness at (775) 324-766
- Water Safety Volunteers Needed -- The National Park Service is looking for Water Safety Volunteers. Water Safety Volunteers provide assistance on Launch Ramp and serve as Deck Hands and Boat Operators. Volunteers will provide boating and water safety information, assist visitors with water safety issues, promote preventive accident and drowning message and provide park information to the public. Volunteers with appropriate training and certification, may operate a National Park Service (government owned) vessel and/or vehicle at Lake Mead National Recreation Area. For more information contact Nancy Bernard with Lake Mead National Recreation Area at 702-293-8714
- The spring training schedule is now posted online. All May trainings are now open. For more information contact Amy Ansari at 702-895-5484 Detailed information will be posted to the website as it becomes available. In the meantime, please mark your calendars and visit https://webmail.hdpl.org/owa/redir.aspx?C=0ab009071be14395a3c4e627f6887506&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.getoutdoorsnevada.org