Saturday, April 19, 2008

Doing Business with the Government

Question: Where can I get lists of business both inside and outside the country that have done and are doing business with the United States Government?

Answer: Visit the Business Partner Network's Contractor Registration Central Search Engine! Search by industry, company name, city, state, country, postal code, etc. for active and inactive business (vendors) that have done contract work with Government Agencies. Find out what the business does, officer names and contact information.

Question: Where can I find opportunities to do business with the Government? (Like James Dean did with the beans in East of Eden)

Answer: Visit FedBizOpps website to find opportunities by agency or type of business or date posted.

Question: Who can help navigate the maze of doing business with the Government?

Answer: The Nevada Procurement Outreach Center! The Procurement Outreach Program (POP) is a Cooperative Agreement between the State of Nevada and the Federal Government assisting businesses statewide to initiate or expand marketing efforts of their products and services. POP is pleased to provide Nevada companies many services without charge (except for a one-time enrollment fee of $50 for initial set-up). Call 702-486-2716 in Las Vegas, or 775-687-1813 in Carson City and schedule an appointment.