Upcoming events in April 2008
- Saturday, April 12, 2008- The National Park Service will be hosting a litter clean-up at the 33 Hole Overlook in Lake Mead National Park.
- Friday, April 18, 2008- In celebration of Earth Day the U.S Forest Service will be hosting a restoration event in a lower elevation area of the Spring Mountains.
- April 19, 2008- In celebration of Earth Day the Bureau of Land Management will be hosting a volunteer event. Projects include a litter clean-up and painting an old foundation in Ash Spring.
- Seed Collection Volunteers Needed -- The National Park Service is looking for volunteers to collect native plant seeds at the Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Volunteers are needed to collect seeds for approximately 10 hours a week. For more information contact Nancy Bernard with Lake Mead National Recreation Area at 702-293-8714
- Water Safety Volunteers Needed -- The National Park Service is looking for Water Safety Volunteers. Water Safety Volunteers provide assistance on Launch Ramp and serve as Deck Hands and Boat Operators. Volunteers will provide boating and water safety information, assist visitors with water safety issues, promote preventive accident and drowning message and provide park information to the public. Volunteers with appropriate training and certification, may operate a National Park Service (government owned) vessel and/or vehicle at Lake Mead National Recreation Area. For more information contact Nancy Bernard with Lake Mead National Recreation Area at 702-293-8714
- Campground Host Volunteers Needed -- The National Park Service is looking for VIP Campground Host Volunteers. VIP Campground Hosts greet visitors and answer questions about the campground, the national park, and the surrounding areas in an informed and courteous manner. In addition, the Hosts check for payment stubs for nightly stays. While VIP Campground Hosts may perform other duties, including radio dispatch, minor emergency services, light maintenance grounds grooming and restocking of supplies in the restrooms, these responsibilities constitute only 20% of the volunteer time. The majority of the volunteer time (80%+) will be spent greeting, visiting, disseminate information to visitors and checking for proper payment of campground fees. For more information contact Nancy Bernard with Lake Mead National Recreation Area at 702-293-8714
- Trainings Volunteers who have attended any of our events or are currently operational volunteers can sign up for the First Aid/CPR/AED class that will be held Tuesday, April 1, 2008. Registration for this class will close Tuesday, March 18, 2008. For more information contact Amy Ansari at 702-895-5484Detailed information will be posted to the website as it becomes available.
In the meantime, please mark your calendars and visit http://www.getoutdoorsnevada.org.